Join our office and find out how it is to work with the world's top professionals from the hi-tech satellite industry, in the company that recently received funds from the Horizon 2020 programme.
Join our office and find out how it is to work with the world's top professionals from the hi-tech satellite industry, in the company that is participating in European space flagship projects. This position includes collaboration with the leading providers of IP based solutions via satellite to deliver one of the biggest IP based satellite networks in the world. Such a system needs to be configured appropriately, monitored and customized for big customers by using a framework built in Java. A perfect position to enter satellite communication domain by being part of a big distributed team!
What we are offering
- Friendly, dynamic and motivating environment (a passionate team that values openness and a can-do attitude)
- Usage of state-of-the-art technologies, tools and frameworks
- Collaboration with the most innovative companies in the space sector
- Fast learning curve by working on a project with committed and talented experts in SatCom domain
- Education through conferences/events and internal knowledge sharing
- Transparent monitoring of personal development and performance
- Take personal pride in enabling access to the internet for schoolchildren in remote areas and in-flight passengers.
- Competitive salary (can be tailored to your specific transportation desires)
80% Java development
- Translate various requirements of satellite telecommunication systems in architecture/design
- Work on the network management system (NMS) and applications for that allows satellite service providers to build and adapt their network easily
- Be involved in the complete development cycle: analysis, design, coding, test automation and bug fixing.
- Document the architecture, code, solutions and test cases
- Work closely with our embedded developers, Linux system engineers, GUI Developers and quality assurance
- Aspire towards a thorough understanding of satellite communication technologies and its components
20% involvement in Linux DevOps team
- Implement and maintain reproducible Linux environments
- Automate the set-up of operating systems, (web)applications and databases, virtualizations
- Configure the required networking elements to connect the various servers and services
- Integrate all the components into a finalized product that is easily upgradeable with high reliability and availability
- Develop and maintain multiple in-house scripting tools
- Troubleshoot running systems in close collaboration with our customer support engineers
- Keep abreast of technology evolution and detect potential opportunities for our products
- BS degree or higher in engineering Computer Sciences, Telecommunication, ...
- Relevant experience (3+ years) in Java development
- Experience with at least 5 of the following tools/technologies/libraries: Spring, Hibernate, Bamboo, Maven, Tomcat, JUnit, REST/JSON, Apache MQ, C#, IP and related protocols
- Experience with Linux and some of the scripting languages (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, ...)
- Knowledge of version control, module testing and automation
- Availability for regular business travel in the Benelux region (especially Belgium)
Advantage will be given to the candidates with
- Knowledge of software design: modular/OO (object-oriented) programming, unit tests, continuous integration, UML, code refactoring
- Experience with at least 1 of the following: Puppet, Linux performance optimization, Ansible, Jenkins, Cloud Management Systems, virtualizing windows OS on Linux
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of technical experts and to share information
- Analytical personality and willingness to learn
In case you found our job offer appealing, please submit your application with CV. We will only consider applications written in English.